[zeromq-dev] Problems with zmq_poll

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:14:39 CET 2010

Martin,

> No, the problem are the return values from zmq_poll. You are handling them
> this way:
>
>    rc = zmq_poll(pollitems, nsockets, timeout)
>    if rc != 0:
>        raise ZMQError(zmq_strerror(errno))
>
> zmq_poll returns number of items signaled, -1 in the case of error or 0 in
> case of timeout.

Thanks for catching this.  I have a working Python version of poll
now.  If I understand this correctly, the return value of
zmq_poll is for informational purposes - I don't have to use it in any
way.  I can simply return the entire list - the sockets
that were not signaled will just not have any flags set?

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.