[zeromq-dev] Publish / Subscribe vs Multicast

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Tue Feb 16 17:10:19 CET 2010

I added a 60 seconds sleep at the end of sender, nothing changed.

Then I added a 1 second sleep between each send, and it worked! The two receivers started getting alternating messages.

New questions arise:

1. Why does sender try to send all messages to one receiver when there is no sleep between messages? Is it due to batching? My messages are 32 bytes long.

2. It seems after a message has been sent to one receiver, there is no retry; if the receiver stopped receiving messages, and there are more receivers willing to receive, they still don't get any messages. Right?

3. It would be nice if zmq_sleep() took milliseconds instead of seconds as a parameter.

When I get back to the office, I will finish the butterfly tutorial. Thanks for all the help.