[zeromq-dev] Code organization

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Tue Feb 16 13:41:26 CET 2010

> > I saw a couple of ugly includes like these in zmq_streamer.cpp:
> >
> >   #include "../../bindings/cpp/zmq.hpp"
> >   #include "../../foreign/xmlParser/xmlParser.cpp"
>
> This is because the build on zmq_streamer is done in the source tree
> (before the header files are installed).

Just to clarify, and not to push my point any further, what I meant is
that source code for zmq and source code using zmq could always use:

  #include <zmq/zmq.h>
  #include <zmq/zmq.hpp>

When compiling zmq in the repo, you could find these files with an
appropriate -I flag; when compiling code that uses zmq (that is, zmq has
been installed), same thing. In other words, it would work everywhere
and it would allow you to have all zmq's header files isolated (which is
nice). This will be helpful if you ever have a C++ file with a template,
because you will have to install it when installing zmq.

> > A question: is anybody working on porting zmq to cygwin?
>
> Several people have asked this question, but AFAIK nobody's really
> working at it at the moment.

I will give it a try; never ported anything with autoconf to cygwin,
we'll see how it goes.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.