[zeromq-dev] Code organization

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Mon Feb 15 22:32:07 CET 2010

I saw a couple of ugly includes like these in zmq_streamer.cpp:

  #include "../../bindings/cpp/zmq.hpp"
  #include "../../foreign/xmlParser/xmlParser.cpp"

I would like to suggest adding an "include namespace" so that file
inclusion in zmq can be done like this:

  #include <zmq/zmq.h>
  #include <zmq/zmq.hpp>

That means under Unix you would have these files under /usr/include/zmq,
which I think provides a nice level of isolation. You could even have
subdirectories in there:

#include <zmq/cpp/zmq.hpp> // C++ binding ==>
/usr/include/zmq/cpp/zmq.hpp

This way, the distribution tarball could have the include files under a
single zmq directory, and one could compile directly against an
uninstalled tarball (using appropriate -I flags) or against an installed
one.

A question: is anybody working on porting zmq to cygwin?

Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.