[zeromq-dev] Publish / Subscribe vs Multicast

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Mon Feb 15 20:00:50 CET 2010

> > Any chance to get the old, original source code for the tutorial? It
> > would definitely help me, and I might take a stab at porting it to
2.0
> > (if there is any interest).
>
> The code is here:
>
> http://github.com/sustrik/zeromq1/tree/master/examples/butterfly/
>
> Not sure it'll be of much use as the 0MQ API is comletely different.

Please a couple of hints. You already mentioned that intermediate should
be replaced with zmq_streamer, which uses ZMQ_UPSTREAM and
ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM sockets. What type of sockets should I use for
send_requests, component1, component2 and receive_replies? Should they
all use the same types of sockets (ZMQ_UPSTREAM and ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM)
where relevant?

Can I have a module with just a ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM socket, or with just a
ZMQ_UPSTREAM socket? Or should they always be used in pairs? Sorry if
this is a dumb question.

Thanks.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm