[zeromq-dev] Documentation issue

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Feb 15 19:49:07 CET 2010

Brian,

>> Anyway, the principle holds. Use ZMQ_UPSTREAM socket to get messages
>> from the previous object, use ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM to send them further on.
>
> I think the docs for ZMQ_UPSTREAM and ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM may have a typo
> that is confusing:
>
> For *both* ZMQ_UPSTREAM and ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM say that
>
> "Send function is not implemented for this socket type."
>
> Doesn't one of these need to have recv?

This seems to be already fixed in latest docs:

*ZMQ_UPSTREAM*::
Socket to receive messages from up the stream. Messages are fair-queued from
among all the connected peers. Send function is not implemented for this
socket
type.
+
Compatible peer sockets: ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM.

*ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM*::
Socket to send messages down stream. Messages are load-balanced among
all the
connected peers. Recv function is not implemented for this socket type.
+
Compatible peer sockets: ZMQ_UPSTREAM.