[zeromq-dev] Publish / Subscribe vs Multicast

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Feb 15 19:20:36 CET 2010

gonzalo diethelm wrote:

> Any chance to get the old, original source code for the tutorial? It
> would definitely help me, and I might take a stab at porting it to 2.0
> (if there is any interest).

The code is here:

http://github.com/sustrik/zeromq1/tree/master/examples/butterfly/

Not sure it'll be of much use as the 0MQ API is comletely different.

> Furthermore, I might also try to write the same code in Java, which is
> my language of interest for this project. Would that be of any use for
> the project?

Yes! Definitely. A butterfly-style example in Java would be great to
demonstrate both butterfly architecture and 0MQ Java API. If you make
such an example publicly available we would certainly link if from the
documentation webpage.