[zeromq-dev] Publish / Subscribe vs Multicast

gonzalo diethelm gdiethelm at dcv.cl
Mon Feb 15 19:17:45 CET 2010

> It is not included anymore. Unfortunately, we have not enough
resources
> to port everything from version 1.0 to version 2.0 straight away.
>
> Anyway, the principle holds. Use ZMQ_UPSTREAM socket to get messages
> from the previous object, use ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM to send them further on.
>
> The component named 'intermediate' in the tutotial, the one that
> collects results from previous processing step and load-balancing them
> to processes handling next processing step, now exists as a
precompiled
> binary (zmq_streamer) so you don't have to write it by hand.

Any chance to get the old, original source code for the tutorial? It
would definitely help me, and I might take a stab at porting it to 2.0
(if there is any interest).

Furthermore, I might also try to write the same code in Java, which is
my language of interest for this project. Would that be of any use for
the project?

Thanks.

--
Gonzalo Diethelm