[zeromq-dev] Build problems with trunk on OS X 10.5

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 21:36:12 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to track down problems with zmq_poll and it sounds like
some of the issues have been fixed in trunk.  Thus, I am trying to
build trunk on OS X:

* XCode 3.1.4 (latest version of XCode - also tried with older version)
* 10.5
* pkg-config 0.23

I am doing this:

./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/zeromq-dev --with-c --with-cpp

After some scrolling of configure output I see:

checking for pkg-config... yes
./configure: line 21985: syntax error near unexpected token `dummy_pkg,'
./configure: line 21985: `    PKG_CHECK_EXISTS(dummy_pkg, , )'

On the 0MQ bug tracker I saw that this problem was observed by others
previously (on 10.6), but the ticket was closed as it supposedly
caused by an older version of autotools.  I think this is a a real
issue that should be looked into.  I am willing to help, but know
nothing about autotools.  If anyone has some pointers about where to
start looking, that would be great.  Note: I can build the 2.0 release
fine on this machine.

If I can get this built and figure out the zmq_poll issues I am
seeing, I will be able to complete the new Python bindings.

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.