[zeromq-dev] Development topics

Pavol Malosek malosek at fastmq.com
Fri Feb 12 17:20:27 CET 2010

>> All architectures except x86 don't have this assembler instruction.  ARM,
>> MIPS, IA64, PowerPC, ...
>>
>> (Debian supports about 10 architectures or so.)
>
> Shouldn't it be detected in openpgm than (preferably, in some opaque
> way)? That's looks a bit strange to detect h/w capability for other
> library. Not to mention, tsc on x86 may present on the system, but be
> disabled for userspace.

Hello,

We are not using OpenPGM configure/build system.
Building OpenPGM library is entirely embedded into 0MQ build system, that's
why we have todo all the checks for OpenPGM.

As for the way of detection, I just did not want to make condition if x86
then we have rdtsc - one newer know:)

If tsc is disabled in the userspace it is not a problem, since you can
control clocksource for OpenPGM by the env variables.
Only to get it compiled.

malo