[zeromq-dev] Development topics

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Thu Feb 11 14:27:44 CET 2010

avbidder at fortytwo.ch said:
> Will there be another tarball release soon-ish?  I thought I'd wait for that
> before the next upload to Debian.  I could obviously upload based on a
> snapshot, but as I've said I'd rather stick to official releasees.  (You
> announced the availability of Haskell bindings in the News section on the
> web.  Do I have to pay something for you to mention the availability of
> Debian packages? :-)

Sorry, I was meaning to announce this but was waiting for the non-x86 stuff
to be resolved. I haven't heard back from Palo Malosek on that so I guess
I'll just have to look at the autoconf stuff myself (ugh).

As for a tarball release, I'd like to get the docs polished some more
before we do one, so yes, soon-ish.

> As a Linux distribution user: I always liked it when software comes with
> documentation and not only refers to the web.  Not only because the doc is
> accessible, but also because the doc then actually corresponds to the
> version I'm working with.  (sphinx - I like it :-)

0MQ has always come with documentation as man pages, which are included in
the distribution. I've just spent the better part of this week converthing
those to AsciiDoc (see my message from yesterday) which makes things much
better, and will spend the rest of the week giving the docs some much
needed love.

> Important point for Debian (and possibly ohers): releasing the documentation
> under the same license as the software simplifies a lot.

The docs included with the distribution (manpages, now asciidoc) *are*
released under the same license as the software (LGPL).

-mato