[zeromq-dev] Re-connecting after server dies

Dan Cooper dan.cooper81 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:39:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm implementing zeromq as a way of communicating between client/client using the zmq_forwarder device and I've run into a problem when the connection is lost due to the server going down. If the server goes away and comes back up again, the client (basically, the display sample app) simply no longer receives any messages until it is also restarted. I'm sure there must be a way round this but I cannot find a way so far.

Can anyone suggest a way to have it reconnect?

Thanks.