[zeromq-dev] OpenPGM and IPv6 interfaces

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Tue Feb 2 15:07:54 CET 2010

steven.mccoy at miru.hk said:
> On 2 February 2010 10:33, Steven McCoy <steven.mccoy at miru.hk> wrote:
>
>     If you are specifying just "eth0;" it will return NOTUNIQ, however
>     specifying a multicast address from one family will force the interface to
>     be resolved using the family of the group.  All my boxes have both IPv4 and
>     IPv6 addresses and hence why this was implemented.
>

> Actually with just "eth0;" it will resolve the node-name to determine the
> default family of the box and use that to force the address family of the
> interface.

I don't particulary like this approach since it depends on the node-name
resolving to something sane and a lot of people have this set up wrong.

What we've decided to do in the mean time is to force OpenPGM to AF_INET in
OMQ and we can then revisit this discussion later when have someone who
actually needs proper IPv6 support.

-mato