[zeromq-dev] questions about sub/pub socket

Guo, Yanchao Yanchao.Guo at sac.com
Tue Feb 2 10:22:57 CET 2010

Hi Martin:

Out setup is like this:

We have a machine which is not inside our network, let us call it server; we have a machine inside our network, let us call it client. The client application will receive status from server, for that we have the the server binding to a IP/PORT and publishing message, and the client application connect to that IP/PORT and subscribing message. That works fine.

However, the client application should be able to send cmd to the server application based on the received status. So for that, we need to have the server bind to another IP/PORT and subscribing message, the client application will connect to that IP/PORT and publishing message. That is where we are having problem, We don't want the the server receive "old" command messages.

Any suggestions?

Yanchao