[zeromq-dev] (no subject)

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Thu Dec 30 09:52:41 CET 2010

On 12/30/2010 12:17 AM, Paul Colomiets wrote:

> For reliability of REQ sockets I use a timeouts. Likewise PUB/SUB
> I could send somehow "pause" command to publisher, and
> read the data until got "paused" message. But it means all
> subscribers will suffer. Is there any better ideas?

Even worse, waiting for pause-ack can cause the subscriber to hang-up on
shutdown (if there's an network disruption or such). The problem you are
solving is traditionally solved by acking individual messages in async
manner and resending those that weren't acked after the client
reconnects. The client has to drop the duplicate messages.