[zeromq-dev] Monitoring and management question

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Dec 27 20:14:43 CET 2010

Martin,

Why not simply post a warning in the manual that using this information for
business logic is severely disrecommended. You cannot really 'lock down'
functionality, and abuse is other a relative point of view.

It would be more useful imo to open up the data in a usable for and clearly
explain WHY using it for higher level decisions is inaccurate and fragile,
than either not exposing the data, or obfuscating it in some way.

Assume our users are mostly not idiots...

Pieter