[zeromq-dev] Monitoring and management question

Juan Carlos Franzoy jfranzoy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 14:12:08 CET 2010

Hello. First of all, thank for reading and congratulations for ZMQ.

We are considering using ZMQ to implement a communication library for all
our applications, which are almost always distributed. We make telephonic
applications. All our clients require us to inform, usually through SNMP,
the state of all the links that the application establishes.

ZMQ has non connected protocols, which is good. But we also need information
about the visibility of the remote peers. The question is:

Is there any plan to add some observability to ZMQ library? Something like a
getsockopt that list the visibility state of the endpoints the socket is
connected to?

Thank in advance.

  Juan Carlos Franzoy
Licenciado en Sistemas