[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ on Windows Server 2008

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Tue Dec 7 21:50:22 CET 2010

Hi Vinicius,

> I was using ZeroMQ on Windows Server 2008 R2 and everything was going
> very well, It was very fast, around 15 000 messages per second. But when
> it ran on Windows Server 2008 (Not R2), the ZeroMQ was very, very slow.
> Somewhere around 90 messages per second.
>
> I've used their own examples of ZeroMQ to do these tests.
>
> So, I tried to make a copy of files between the machines and was very fast.
>
> Is this a bug?

I don't have Win Sever 2008 so you are on your own here (unless someone
else owning the specific OS helps you).

I would suggest running the code under profiler and finding out where
the most time is spent, then reporting it back to the mailing list. That
would make it much easier for everybody to help you.