[zeromq-dev] Connected Twisted to ZeroMQ 2.1.0 (pyzmq 2.1.0dev)

jeremy avnet spork-zmq at theory.org
Sat Dec 4 12:46:12 CET 2010

Hello. I created a proof of concept showing a Twisted client talking to a ØMQ server. It uses the new ZMQ_FD and ZMQ_EVENTS sockopts in v2.1.0 and the pyzmq 2.1.0dev bindings (out of github).  Any feedback on whether I'm using them right would be appreciated.

I wasn't able to get the REQ/REP pattern to work (Twisted never got a notification from the file descriptor that there was data to read off the socket), but was able to use XREQ/REP. Why is this?

The code is here:

https://github.com/brainsik/twisted-to-zeromq

.:. jeremy