[zeromq-dev] 0MQ version 2.1.0 (Beta) released

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Wed Dec 1 17:53:33 CET 2010

On Dec 1, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Martin Lucina wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we're pleased to announce that 0MQ version 2.1.0 (Beta) has been released
> and is available for download at:
>
> * http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.0.tar.gz (UNIX line endings)
> * http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.0.zip (Windows line endings)
>
> As part of improving the 0MQ downloads, we have a new download host,
> http://downloads.zeromq.org/. We will eventually remove the old tarballs
> hosted on Wikidot.
>
> You can also find MD5 and SHA-1 checksums of all recent released files at
> the above location.
>
> This release is the result of many months of work -- many bugs have been
> fixed but no doubt some new ones have been introduced so at this stage we
> consider this Beta quality. If you are starting a new project with 0MQ, we
> strongly recommend that you go with 2.1.0.

This build reliably fails it's self tests on OS X.

./configure && make check

[...]

make  check-TESTS
PASS: test_pair_inproc
PASS: test_pair_ipc
PASS: test_pair_tcp
PASS: test_reqrep_inproc
PASS: test_reqrep_ipc
PASS: test_reqrep_tcp
Assertion failed: nbytes == sizeof (command_t) (mailbox.cpp:193)
Invalid argument
rc == 0 (mailbox.cpp:177)
/bin/sh: line 1: 19848 Abort trap              ${dir}$tst
FAIL: test_shutdown_stress
1 of 7 tests failed
Please report to zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1