[zeromq-dev] Announcing ZFL

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Aug 23 17:44:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:59 PM, gonzalo diethelm <gdiethelm at dcv.cl> wrote:

> So we would all be heading for some RESTful times… Interesting! Isn’t there
> another project using 0MQ to implement a RESTful Internet server?

There's Mongrel2, which uses 0MQ to connect back end processors with
the web engine, and there's RestMS, which is a RESTful messaging
service.

But from my experience of designing RestMS, while a RESTful
architecture works for working with resources in a scalable way, it's
a totally different beast than asynchronous messaging.  It would
certainly be possible to implement a RESTful service using 0MQ
request-reply patterns.  One would have to implement HTTP-style
methods on top of 0MQ.

-
Pieter