[zeromq-dev] Pub/Sub for data distribution

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Sun Aug 8 21:25:08 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Matt Weinstein <matt_weinstein at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, and it would be useful if it came "pre-certified" as an
> uncontrolled feed by the data providers.
>
> Wondering how to get past the proprietary format agreements for the
> handlers.
>
> We can take this off the list now unless there are objections?

We can take this off the list.  In any case this will potentially
become an important separate project so I'll be setting up separate
infrastructure for that (wiki, list and git) if there are no
objections.

As for proprietary format agreements... needs legal input, I've no
idea what IP is used (trademark, copyright, patent?) and what the
workarounds are, if there are any.  Reverse engineering for the sake
of interoperability is allowed both in USA and EU.