[zeromq-dev] Pull request on atomic ops

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Thu Apr 29 13:06:40 CEST 2010

Actually,

see the "app_threads in zmq_init() call" thread.

One point being discussed there is removing the lock-free polling
altogether to scale to more than 64 threads.

I am in favour of going that way and if so - atomic_bitmat won't be used
anymore.

That leaves us with atomic_counter and atomic_ptr which are less complex
and possibly easier to describe in a clean way.

Martin