[zeromq-dev] getsockopt/setsockopt

Brian Granger ellisonbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 05:25:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am adding support for the new multipart messages in the Python
bindings and as part of this I am wrapping getsockopt.
I have a few questions about what options it makes sense to call
getsockopt for.  More specifically, the string valued
options are presenting problems for getsockopt:

zmq.IDENTITY:  Get Invalid argument error upon getsockopt.  Segfault
if IDENTITY has not been setsockopt'd
zmq.SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE:  Get Invalid argument error upon getsockopt.

Do these even make sense to call getsockopt on?

Cheers,

Brian

--
Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.