[zeromq-dev] Multicore Magic

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon Apr 26 20:26:49 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> What's the feasibility of running multiple independent Pythons, one
>> per core?  I assume memory's not a major issue any more.
>
> As processes this works fine, I just think we have to use the slower
> ipc/tcp transports.  I will try to look at this soon though.

Well, it solves the major issue, which is proper scaling to N cores on
one box.  If the work that each process does is non-trivial then
that's already much better.

Presumably there is then a way to use shared memory to get full-speed
message transfer between processes.  Martin, does that make sense?