[zeromq-dev] equivalent of accept

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 19:28:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 06:45:16PM +0200, Martin Sustrik wrote:
> 0MQ does this for you. Actual networking stuff is done in I/O
> thread(s). Your application thread is free to do the actual
> processing.

Could you also clarify for my benefit: if you have (say) five worker threads
which want to handle incoming REQs from clients, should the five threads all
call zmq_recv on the same socket, or should the five threads each create
their own zmq_socket bound to the same proto/port?

In the first case, it's not clear to me how the zmq_send would route the
response back to the correct client - is it implied by which thread is
calling zmq_send?

In the second case, a normal socket API would give EADDRINUSE.

Regards,

Brian.