[zeromq-dev] 0MQ/OpenPGM win32

Giambattista Saldi g.saldi at kline.it
Mon Apr 19 14:18:44 CEST 2010

Hi, All
I'm trying the 2.0.6 version, but i have a strange behavior.
I start the test on my development workstation (WIN7 quad core 2.66GHZ 2
GB RAM LAN 100Mb)
i start sender and receiver with pgm configuration, use a 8.000 msg/sec
rate, the LAN is 22 Mb/sec, all work fine.
I start the same test on a new workstation (WINVISTA quad core 2.66GHZ 2
GB RAM LAN 100Mb) but the application receiver is slow, receive 6
mb/sec, the msg are not discarded, but are accumulated on the sender, i
see the sender memory from task manager to increase , more and more and
then is 400 MB I stop the sender.
The receiver always receive data, I wait for several minutes ,at the end
receive all the data but the rate is very very slow.
At application level, i have set ZMQ_RATE to 100000 on both sender and
receiver.
To understand this behavior, i start this simulation:
On my workstation start only the sender without receiver on all the LAN.
The application work fine, start publish the memory usage increase to
145 MB, but after never increase more (i see on task manager that the
application create 4 thread, after become 7 and at the end are stable to
4).The send rate and conditions are the same of previus test.
I do the same test on second workstation, and in this case the memory
increase to infinite , i stop the application to 800MB of  RAM.
in task manager i see always 3 thread started by the application.
If i use TCP transport, on both the workstation all work fine.

Can help me to understand this behavior?
It's a workstation problems?
It's a workstation problems with pgm?
it's a problem of the pgm?

regard