[zeromq-dev] app_threads in zmq_init() call

Emmanuel TAUREL taurel at esrf.fr
Fri Apr 16 09:45:40 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I have a question about the app_threads parameter of the zmq_init() call.
My application creates thread on user request which may use a ZMQ
socket. I am not able to know in advance what will be the exact number
of threads running in my application.
Which value can I give to this app_threads parameter in this case?
Do I have to inform the ZMQ context that a new thread has been created
(or distroyed)?

BTW, there is a small typo in the 2.0.6 release man pages. In the
zmq_setsockopt man page, in the example section about I/O thread affinity,
the comment talk about port number 5556 while in the example code it's
port number 5555.

Regards

Emmanuel Taurel