[zeromq-dev] Proposal for 2.0.7: Cleaning up the ZMQ_* constants

Chris Wong chris at chriswongstudio.com
Fri Apr 16 03:48:35 CEST 2010

I agree with mato.  Let's bite the bullet now when it's still in beta rather than later.  Having consistent naming is more valuable than the extra savings in typing.

In Python/Ruby, you can always save typings by importing the nested constants.  With flat constants, you don't have that option.

+1 for cleaning up the prefix convention.

Chris