[zeromq-dev] Disable message batching

Chris Wong chris at chriswongstudio.com
Fri Apr 16 02:10:58 CEST 2010

I was stumbling around the code and found a out_batch_size in config.hpp.  I wonder what would happen if I lower that value. :-)

A hint is better than nothing, I suppose.  I don't mind that it's getting sent out in the background I/O as soon as possible without a hard guarantee at the app thread.  Just want to make sure that the data is not hanging around for a long time before it decides that it's "too long".  I tried inserting a sleep in my sender application thread hoping that it'd give the IO thread time to send out the content in the buffer, but it won't don't it.  The app thread slept as long as 15 secs.

Chris