[zeromq-dev] jzmq UnsatisfiedLinkError on Linux

Joe Holloway jholloway7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 01:51:07 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM, gonzalo diethelm <gdiethelm at dcv.cl> wrote:
>> Before you get too deep, let me start over on a fresh OS image.  Based
>> on a chat in #zeromq Martin was able to get it to work on pretty much
>> the same platform I'm using.   It makes me think I've got something
>> hanging around from old builds that is causing headaches, but I sure
>> can't pinpoint what it would be.
>
> Ok, please report back.

I recreated it on a brand new image.  Here is what I did.  I can
elaborate more if necessary:

- Create new VM
- Install Ubuntu 9.10 (32-bit x86 desktop)
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

- Install C/C++ toolchain
- Clone zeromq2.git
- Build HEAD and install to /usr/local/lib
 - e.g. (./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && sudo make install)
- run ldconfig as root

- Install JDK toolchain
- export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
- Clone jzmq.git
- Build HEAD and install to /usr/local/lib
 - e.g. (./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && sudo make install)
- run ldconfig as root

- run this simple test case:

    public void testContext () {
        ZMQ.Context ctx = new ZMQ.Context(1,1,0);
        assertNotNull(ctx);
        ZMQ.Socket sock = ctx.socket(ZMQ.REQ);
        assertNotNull(sock);
    }

Produces same error as noted above:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(III)V
        at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(Native Method)