[zeromq-dev] jzmq UnsatisfiedLinkError on Linux

Joe Holloway jholloway7 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 23:23:09 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, gonzalo diethelm <gdiethelm at dcv.cl> wrote:
>> Anyone else using jzmq on Linux able to work with the latest API
>> changes?  It builds fine and the shared library is loaded into the
>> JVM, but I have issues resolving the JNI functions from there.
>>
>>     java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(III)V
>>         at org.zeromq.ZMQ$Context.construct(Native Method)
>
> Just FYI, I am the author of these changes.
>
>> I can tell the library is getting loaded otherwise I would get a
>> different UnsatisfiedLinkError prior to invoking the native method,
>> such as this one:
>>
>>     Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jzmq
>> in java.library.path
>>
>> Dumping the symbols from the underlying shared object, I can see
>> symbols that appear to match the function signatures in the source
>> code:
>>
>> /usr/local/lib$ nm libjzmq.so
>> 00001170 T Java_org_zeromq_ZMQ_00024Context_construct
>
> That is really baffling. What are the contents of
> org_zeromq_ZMQ_Context.h (a generated file)?

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/201932/

Before you get too deep, let me start over on a fresh OS image.  Based
on a chat in #zeromq Martin was able to get it to work on pretty much
the same platform I'm using.   It makes me think I've got something
hanging around from old builds that is causing headaches, but I sure
can't pinpoint what it would be.