[zeromq-dev] Non-blocking calls and Twisted

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Apr 14 18:36:11 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Laurens Van Houtven <lvh at laurensvh.be> wrote:

> In conclusion, "their own thing" is probably worth at least a few days of
> experimentation before you hsal gets internally dismissed as a bunch of
> loons who stared too deep into the abyss and paid for it with their sanity
> :-)

Lol :-)  Here is the result of peering into the abyss:

http://www.imatix.com/articles:whats-wrong-with-amqp

I do like the 0.9.1 protocol spec.  But it's not AMQP.  it's ex-AMQP,
a patch of a deprecated branch.  :-(  And AMQP/1.0 will be _totally_
different.  No exchanges, bindings, or consumers.

So your investment on AMQP is basically going to be worthless in 2-4
years, and you're going to have to migrate to a totally new protocol
and stack, from only a couple of suppliers.

Meanwhile you could be getting 50x the performance on the same hardware...