[zeromq-dev] Getting started with ruby bindings

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Wed Apr 14 17:48:57 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 03:20:01PM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:

> * I installed the gem version of the ruby bindings, which gave me
>   rb-zmq-0.0.6.

I installed the latest ruby bindings from

  http://github.com/sustrik/rbzmq.git

(The zeromq home page shows always the http link for visiting github by
browser, but for git clone you need .git - click on github on "HTTP
Read-Only" and you get the correct url for git clone)

make && make install works for me, no need for patching the examples.
(Ubuntu 9.10 and Debian/Lenny)

And a line ending with ';' like

  s = ctx.socket(ZMQ::REP);

is not common, but valid ruby code in 1.8.7 and 1.9.1, so you don't need to
patch such things.

Wolfgang
--
<wob (at) swobspace de> * http://www.swobspace.de