[zeromq-dev] Implementing persistent queues

Pieter Hintjens pieterh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 17:21:22 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> I am interested in local persistent queueing of messages in the case where
> the remote server is unreachable.

This has not been done in 0MQ, though people may have done it at the
application level and not told us.

It is one area we're actively looking at building, and there's a blog
thread discussing it here:

http://www.zeromq.org/blog:requirements-for-reliability

Right now our simplest conceptual design is for point-to-point
reliability, with store/forward handled in the sender as a separate
thread or process.  You'll see the sketch on that blog page.

Our goal is to build this initially as a 0MQ application (so a
different API) and later integrate that into the 0MQ core once it's
clear what patterns work best.

Thoughts?