[zeromq-dev] ipc on windows

piotr.ns2010 at poczta.onet.pl piotr.ns2010 at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Apr 14 13:29:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

First, thank you for sharing the ZeroMQ software with community for free.
I don't see "donate" link on the project

I would like to know if there are any plans for IPC support for Windows.
(prefferably using named pipes, shared memory(boost) or DDE).
Not for speed, I need it to automatically define unique-name io channel
between cores on the same host.

My process setup:
- k processes on same host (not threads)
- each process can communicate with the other on the same host
- each process has a dedicated input address

Currently I'm planning to use ZeroMQ in the following way, please correct me
if my assumptions are wrong:
- each process reads from the same socket (like 127.0.0.1:5555 - REQ/REP)
- each process filters (subscribes) own set of messages
- messages are not shared (no common filter)
- each process can write to the input socket: 127.0.0.1:5555 using variable
message prefix

Is it correct? Will it work or I need something more?
Do I need a "forwarder device" process for it?

Regards,
Piotr