[zeromq-dev] Actionscript bindings

Pieter Hintjens pieterh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:10:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Martin Lucina <mato at kotelna.sk> wrote:

> When in HTTP-land, talk HTTP. The best solution for this would be to have a
> RestMS to 0MQ bridge implemented as a webserver and have the browser-based
> application speak RestMS.

This is probably true. WebSocket(s) is changing the game a little
since it subverts the HTTP stack in evil ways (follow the IETF HyBi
list for great merriement) but even then it can act as a data
transport for a RestMS-style control protocol.

It would be very simple IMO to make a RestMS-to-0MQ bridge if we have
a 0MQ plugin for a webserver like nginx.