[zeromq-dev] libtool file

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Mon Apr 12 13:49:15 CEST 2010

Hi Kyle,

keenerd at gmail.com said:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Martin Lucina <mato at kotelna.sk> wrote:
> > However, you're right that absolute paths should not go in the .la file. I
> > don't see this problem here, could you be more specific about what version
> > of 0MQ you're using, what your exact platform is and how you obtained and
> > built 0MQ?
>
> Arch Linux, from a pkgbuild:
> Basically does
>     ./configure prefix=/temp/build/directory/usr/
>     make
>     make install
> The contents of the build directory are tarballed up for later installation.

The reason you're seeing the "temporary build directory" in the libzmq.la
file is precisely because ArchLinux uses --prefix to configure, so the
libtool behaviour is correct.

As far as I'm concerned a) libzmq.la should be installed, but with a
correct libdir, b) it's an ArchLinux packaging issue. I suggest you take it
up with whoever created the ArchLinux packaging and look at how other
packages installing libtool libraries on ArchLinux deal with it.

-mato