[zeromq-dev] Debian packaging - idea for building snapshot packages - small correction

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Sun Apr 11 11:55:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

small correction to my last mail: only remove changelog if the main tag has
changed (i.e. from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7). In this case the changelog has to be
change in git with (I'm not really sure of the correct parameters):

  git-dch --since=<committish> --release --new-version=<version>

May be you can use --auto instead of --since.

For pulling git between tho releases, don't delete the snapshot version of
changelog.

debuild clean
# rm -f debian/changelog
# git checkout -- debian/changelog
git pull
git-dch --auto --snapshot
git-buildpackage --git-ignore-new --git-verbose

Wolfgang

--
<wob (at) swobspace de> * http://www.swobspace.de