[zeromq-dev] Solaris build fixed (was Re: configure on sol 10)

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Sat Apr 10 16:27:30 CEST 2010

Hi Jon,

jon at totient.co.uk said:
> Mato/ Martin
>
> Here's the configure scripts, build failure etc etc I reported earlier.
> If I remove the -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L. it builds ok.

Alright, this is now fixed in commit 770aedb.

I've removed _POSIX_C_SOURCE for Solaris since it's use is explicitly
unsupported when compiling C++ code. (See standards(5)).

Also, I've tweaked configure/Makefiles to only use GCC-specific -Wxxx and
other options when the GNU compilers are being used.

So, you should now be able to build git on Solaris 10 w/o any problems.
Just doing a "./configure" will pick up and use GCC/G++ by default. If you
want to build using the Sun compilers then you want to set CC=cc and CXX=CC
in your environment.

Note that building with the Sun compilers is broken right now; see my email
re the devices patch to the list.

Note also that building with --disable-shared and non-GCC compilers is
probably broken due to issues with linking against the C++ runtime.

-mato