[zeromq-dev] zmq_device : all in one patch

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Sat Apr 10 16:16:29 CEST 2010

sustrik at 250bpm.com said:
> I've committed your changes. Devices can now be created within the
> process via 0MQ API:

> int rc = zmq_device (ZMQ_FORWARDER, in_socket, out_socket);
>
> [...]

I've also been away on Easter Holidays so I won't comment on the
functionality (or absence thereof) of this code just yet, but:

This commit breaks Sun C++ 5.8:

"forwarder.cpp", line 36: Error: "zmq::forwarder(zmq::socket_base_t*, zmq::socket_base_t*)" is expected to return a value.
1 Error(s) detected.
*** Error code 1

zmq::forwarder, zmq::streamer and zmq::queue are all defined as returning
'int', but don't actually return anything. Yes, I know that they're
infinite loops, but Sun C++ doesn't.

Please fix.

-mato