[zeromq-dev] Debian packaging on Lenny

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Sat Apr 10 12:12:12 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 09:06:01PM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:

> Since I don't have a lenny system:  Can you try to build the official Debian
> source package on lenny?  Does it still fail?

I downloaded the source from packages.debian.org (squeeze), extracted it
with dpkg-source -x and build the packages with debuild. The package build
was successful. BTW, I get some warnings:

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
[...]
 Now running lintian...
 W: zeromq source: newer-standards-version 3.8.3 (current is 3.8.0)
 W: libzmq-dbg: unknown-section debug
 Finished running lintian.

I think that's harmless.

Wolfgang