[zeromq-dev] TIBRV Replacement Case
jarred at webriots.com
Thu Apr 8 20:30:08 CEST 2010
I have a tibrv app that I'm potentially looking to replace with zeromq.
Could you guys help me figure out how I could accomplish this use case?
Zeromq will be used to route logging information to a central repository.
Here's how I use tibrv:
- a rendezvous daemon runs on each application server
- applications on the server publish to the local rendezvous daemon
- the local daemon then pushes those messages to a set of fault tolerant
subscribers on machines dedicated to persisting the data to a database (each
message is received only once)
Here's what I'm looking for:
- each application on an app server that publishes message needs to be
unaffected by network conditions (zmq_queue on each server?)
- the subscriber application needs to be spread redundantly across multiple
machines -- messages to be received once in a load balanced fashion across
I'd like some specifics on how I would actually do this (xreq, noblock,
zmq_queue, etc?). Once I can get up to speed I can hopefully contribute to
the project in some way.
Thanks in advanced for your help...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the zeromq-dev