[zeromq-dev] Deploying on Windows Servers

Derek Developer derekdeveloper at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 18:13:01 CEST 2010

First, thank you for a great library. What an amazing work!
I have read the white papers and the installation instructions. I have downloaded and compiled the library without any issues.

I dont see any explicit instructions for deployment. The dll obviously accompanies any binary that calls it, but what about the 7 .exe binaries:
local_lat.exe
local_thr.exe
remote_lat.exe
remote_thr.exe
zmq_forwarder.exe
zmq_queue.exe
zmq_queue.exe

I might have missed it in the excitement, but I didn't see an explicit description of these so I am not sure how they should be deployed on a Windows Server 2008 box.

I am seeking to evaluate the potential of 0MQ to handle a situation where it is not the endpoint to a consumer, but hands off to another protocol.