[zeromq-dev] scalability of zeromq in terms fof queues and topics

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Thu Apr 8 14:38:44 CEST 2010

I went through every performance test and paper on the zeromq.org site. I
could not find any benchmark and performance metric that spoke about
zeromq's performance and scalability from the standpoint of number of topics
and consumers etc. I have the following queries concerning this -

* is there any benchmark or test report that shows how scalability is
impacted with increase in number of topics (I am assuming since more topics
may require more processing due to parsing and filtering)

* is there any upper limit for topics - what should we keep in mind on a
node w.r.t number of topics

* same w.r.t subscribers. The performance tests talk about latencies and
messages per second. How does that change with number of consumer end
points? Are there any limits / limitations / non-linear scaling issues
concerning increase in number of consumers connected to a single publisher?

I am new to research on queues - so pardon me if I have missed out on
anything obvious J

Thanks

Warm Regards
Bhavin Turakhia