[zeromq-dev] (no subject)

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Thu Apr 8 00:31:33 CEST 2010

Whoops, I messed up that last email. My apologies.

--

Hello :-)

I've got a use case and I'm wondering how it translates to ZeroMQ.

Data comes in through a server that reads a client's SSL certificate (not
very relevant, unless ZeroMQ can do SSL, verify a certificate, and then
route based on the client cert). All of that data gets persisted, so there
are servers that do nothing but persist data. Some of the data is also
pushed to people monitoring it live (think Comet/Websocket).

The problem is that there are two separate things:
   - persistence servers, between which load balancing must be done
   - the server side push server

So basically there's a group for which exactly one must be pushed to (load
balancing behavior), and a group for which all must be pushed to. The
obvious solution is two exchanges, but I think this means sending the
message to the ZMQ server twice, which sounds far from optimal.

How do I design this so that 0MQ will bring me eternal bliss? :-)

Thanks in advance,
Laurens