[zeromq-dev] Multi-part messages

Martin Lucina mato at kotelna.sk
Tue Apr 6 16:06:40 CEST 2010

sustrik at 250bpm.com said:
> The main question here is how to access the functionality from
> individual languege bindings. Note that in most of them the message is a
> simple BLOB with no flags.
>
> On the send side ZMQ_MORE makes using it from any language easy. Not
> sure about recv side...

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the problem. For OO languages
a message will be wrapped in some Message Object, which can have a "more"
property/accessor/getter/setter as appropriate.

For non-OO languages they can use set/getmsgopt() or whatever else is best
practice (I'm thinking of the CL and Haskell people here).

-mato