[zeromq-dev] Publish/subscribe example "Operation not supported by device"

Michael Glaesemann grzm at seespotcode.net
Tue Apr 6 07:17:13 CEST 2010

On Apr 6, 2010, at 1:03 , Martin Sustrik wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann wrote:
>
>> -libtool --version > /dev/null 2>&1 +command -v libtool > /dev/null
>> 2>&1
>
> AFAIK this has been already discussed on the list...

That's actually where I got that change :)

> ENODEV means that the interface you've specified doesn't exist. I would say you are using Linux-style interface names on OSX. While Linux has interface names such as "eth0", OSX has "en0" IIRC. Whatever the case, you can always use numeric IP addresses instead.

Using s.bind ("tcp://127.0.0.1:5555"); instead of s.bind ("tcp://lo:5555"); worked. Thanks! As far as eth0/en0 are concerned, those aren't specified explicitly in the Publish/Subscribe example: is this part of the jzmq bindings?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net