[zeromq-dev] Publish/subscribe example "Operation not supported by device"

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Tue Apr 6 07:03:18 CEST 2010

Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> -libtool --version > /dev/null 2>&1 +command -v libtool > /dev/null
> 2>&1

AFAIK this has been already discussed on the list...

> +    *darwin*) +        CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -I${JAVA_HOME}/include/"
> +    ;;

Mato, can we add this to the build?

> I'm pretty new to Java as well. I've grepped both the 0MQ and the
> jzmq source for the string "Operation not supported by device" in an
> attempt to figure out what exactly that error means, but didn't find
> them. I suspect it's ENODEV, but I'm not quite sure where to go from
> here.

ENODEV means that the interface you've specified doesn't exist. I would
say you are using Linux-style interface names on OSX. While Linux has
interface names such as "eth0", OSX has "en0" IIRC. Whatever the case,
you can always use numeric IP addresses instead.

HTH