[zeromq-dev] Multi-threaded ZeroMQ applications

Thijs Terlouw thijsterlouw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:10:17 CEST 2010

Martin,

Thanks for the tips! I now changed to XREP socket + 2x InProc
(Up/Down) and it works great.

I will consider moving to REP-style worker-threads later; but I was
afraid REP-style would mean that only 1 thread would be active at any
moment (due to the send/recv requirement)? With my current design, I
don't have this problem.

I've been busy reading the source code, trying to figure out how it
comes XREP actually works :) I finally figured it out, and in the
process I created a schematic UML diagram of the ZeroMQ code base.
I've attached it, perhaps it's useful for others as well. I'll
probably update it later with more details.

Thijs

--
Thijs Terlouw,
Shenzhen, China